Callahan is looking for an Account Director.
The specs? 7 or more years of agency experience. Providing strategic leadership to clients and agency team. We’re an ego-free, up and coming shop where people like working together in real life. Not just in the brochure.
Welcome to Callahan, a community of thinkers and makers that has boldly stood for independence for almost 40 years. Our values of curiosity, courage, trust, generosity, respect, passion, quality and fun serve our clients. They also serve the collaboration of our 60+ employees, by letting their individuality shine. We believe that if there’s a problem worth solving, then it’s worth using creativity to solve. We believe that a big idea, from anyone, anywhere, in any media, can change everything. And the feeling you get when that happens, is why you love what you do as much as we do.
We’re located in a 150-year-old grain warehouse in Lawrence, Kansas. Opportunities abound here, helping turn your career into a masterpiece of your own design. And, unlike other agencies, work/life balance isn’t just preached at Callahan, it’s practiced.
Here are the basics:
- Partner with the Group Account Director to lead and collaborate with clients to understand their business objectives
- Lead internal and external marketing teams through development of marketing communications plans
- Direct each client’s marketing communication plan through execution to ensure the agency adheres to strategy, stewardship of the client’s budget and achievement of client’s objectives
- Drive collaboration among strategy, media, creative, and other agency staff
- Seek opportunities to grow client’s business with the agency; continually broaden and deepen client-agency relations to enhance the longevity and profitability of the relationship
- Maintain a current and comprehensive understanding of the client’s business and industry and of all relevant marketing communications practices
- Enhance the performance and professional growth of the account service team, especially direct reports
- Current working knowledge of branding and integrated marketing communications theory and practice
- Pet health and/or pharmaceutical experience a plus, but not required
- Proficient marketing communications planning for traditional and non-traditional media, budgeting and project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business communications, public relations, business administration or equivalent
- 7+ years of advertising agency experience, or relevant experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
Plus, these additional talents:
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven success in marketing, promotion or advertising planning and program development
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation skills
If you made it this far, you may be the Account Director we need to join our growing account management team. Get in touch and let’s talk at email@example.com