Callahan is looking for a Print Advisor for our Plano, Texas location.
The specs? 5 or more years of print experience. We’re an ego-free, up and coming shop where people like working together in real life. Not just in the brochure.
Welcome to Callahan, a community of thinkers and makers that has boldly stood for independence for almost 40 years. Our values of curiosity, courage, trust, generosity, respect, passion, quality and fun serve our clients. They also serve the collaboration of our 60+ employees, by letting their individuality shine. We believe that if there’s a problem worth solving, then it’s worth using creativity to solve. We believe that a big idea, from anyone, anywhere, in any media, can change everything. And the feeling you get when that happens, is why you love what you do as much as we do.
Here are the basics:
- Determine project specifications that best achieve desired project need by working with outside and internal graphic teams.
- Enter concise job specifications and update specifications into project management system.
- For all print and related job components of a project, prepare quote requests and distribute to vendors.
- Review job prior to sending to vendor to ensure it conforms to specs that have been quoted. Check furnished reference materials for accuracy.
- Review vendor proofs for accuracy and quality; press check jobs, as needed, for quality assurance.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders that clearly communicate and document project expectations to vendors. Review vendors’ draft invoices as needed to assure accuracy against issued purchase orders.
- Advise and assist Creative and Print Services (CAPS) team in scheduling print production deadlines, including contingency options in the event of accelerated deadlines. Pro-actively manage project through delivery.
- Share knowledge, products and printing innovations with print advisor team, keeping the team current with industry technology.
The ambitious and outstanding candidate would also have:
- Bachelor’s degree, or five years equivalent experience
- Lithographic and digital print experience, including large format and environmental, a must
- Premium purchasing experience a plus
- Comfortable in client-facing situations
- Must be well organized, able to meet deadlines, and multi-task jobs
- Experience using Workamajig (project management system) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and judgment necessary to ask questions, plan projects, and accomplish goals
If you made it this far, you may be the Print Advisor we need to join our growing account management team. Get in touch and let’s talk at firstname.lastname@example.org