Callahan is looking for a Proofreader for our Plano, Texas location.
The specs? 3+ years of experience in proofreading, with an ability and desire to write copy and develop content. We’re an ego-free, up and coming shop where people like working together in real life. Not just in the brochure.
Welcome to Callahan, a community of thinkers and makers that has boldly stood for independence for almost 40 years. Our values of curiosity, courage, trust, generosity, respect, passion, quality and fun serve our clients. They also serve the collaboration of our 60+ employees, by letting their individuality shine. We believe that if there’s a problem worth solving, then it’s worth using creativity to solve. We believe that a big idea, from anyone, anywhere, in any media, can change everything. And the feeling you get when that happens, is why you love what you do as much as we do.
Here are the basics:
- Review proofs for content, structure, design composition, spelling, grammar, and content cohesion
- Review copy for consistency ensuring work adheres to client’s preferred style and graphic standards
- Contact appropriate resources to verify accuracy of facts
- Maintain and update client style guides for consistent and accuracy of design and copywriting/editing
- Make suggestions for copy edits during the review of proofs. Edit or re-write copy as requested by the resource management staff, with guidance from the creative team
- Communicate with staff regarding any potential deadline conflicts to ensure job schedules are maintained
The ambitious and outstanding candidate would also have:
- 3+ years of experience in proofreading
- 3+ years of experience in copy editing
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines, and multi-task under pressure
- Ability to provide constructive critique and edit work with diplomacy and tact
- Ability and desire to write copy and develop content is a plus
- Strong ability to communicate, both verbally and in written form
- Must be able to take the initiative to communicate potential problems and/or concerns in a timely manner
If you made it this far, you may be the Proofreader we need. Get in touch and let’s talk at firstname.lastname@example.org