Callahan is looking for a Sr. Social Media Manager.
The specs? 5 or more years of relevant social media experience. We’re an ego-free, up and coming shop where people like working together in real life. Not just in the brochure.
Welcome to Callahan, a community of thinkers and makers that has boldly stood for independence for almost 40 years. Our values of curiosity, courage, trust, generosity, respect, passion, quality and fun serve our clients. They also serve the collaboration of our 60+ employees, by letting their individuality shine. We believe that if there’s a problem worth solving, then it’s worth using creativity to solve. We believe that a big idea, from anyone, anywhere, in any media, can change everything. And the feeling you get when that happens, is why you love what you do as much as we do.
We’re located in a 150-year-old grain warehouse in Lawrence, Kansas. Opportunities abound here, helping turn your career into a masterpiece of your own design. And, unlike other agencies, work/life balance isn’t just preached at Callahan, it’s practiced.
Here are the basics:
- Support the Director of Social and Emerging Media in developing social media strategies and social media plans
- Responsible for management and deployment of approved strategies and social media plans
- Responsible for deployment and management of paid social media plans
- Provide a secondary day-to-day point of contact for clients
- Provide support to nurture and grow client relationships and business and be a trusted partner and thought leader
- Leverage social listening, data insights and analytics to develop strategic and tactical recommendations and to inform paid media targeting and audience segmentations
- Develop paid media performance reports and insights, with the ability to understand and explain the “why” as well as the “what” and to explain business impact, identify opportunities and provide recommendations
- Provide direction to content strategists to ensure the best possible social content is developed to service strategic needs and business
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, communications, or other related field
- 5+ years of relevant social media experience
- 3+ years supervisory experiencebusiness or related field, MBA preferred
- Proficient in social media and online tools that support content management, community management, and analytics
- Knowledge of Owned/Earned media landscape and its innovative application for communication
- Experience managing paid media campaigns
- Proven track record in developing strategy and planning
Plus, these additional talents:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- High level presentation skills
- Self-starter and, simultaneously, a team player
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Availability and willingness to work outside normal office hours as needed
- Experience managing client relationships; external in an agency environment or internal in a brand environment
If you made it this far, you may be the Sr. Social Media Manager we need to join our growing social media team. Get in touch and let’s talk at firstname.lastname@example.org