The only thing that matters is that you do. Callahan is looking for a senior art or design director with a a superior design aesthetic and a passion for big ideas and has a superior design aesthetic.
The specs? 6 to 10 years of ad agency or design studio experience. A great book and an even better attitude. We’re an ego-free, up and coming shop where people like working together in real life. Not just in the brochure.
Welcome to Callahan, a community of thinkers and makers that has boldly stood for independence for almost 40 years. Our values of curiosity, courage, trust, generosity, respect, passion, quality and fun serve our clients. They also fuel the collaboration of our 60+ employees, by letting their individuality shine. We believe that if there’s a problem worth solving, then it’s worth using creativity to solve. We believe that a big idea, from anyone, anywhere, in any media, can change everything. And the feeling you get when that happens, is why you love what you do as much as we do.
We’re located in a 150-year-old grain warehouse in Lawrence, Kansas. Opportunities abound here, helping turn your career into a masterpiece of your own design. And, unlike other agencies, work/life balance isn’t just preached at Callahan, it’s practiced.
Here’s what else we’re looking for:
- Killer, award-winning work
- Masterful visual story-telling
- Design evangelist
- Experience executing singular visual ideas in all media – everything from TV to Social to Poster
- The expertise to create distinctive and modern design direction for brands, including photography and/or illustration direction, color palette and typography
- Someone who partners well and leads throughout the entire creative process, from concept to “hands-on” finished execution, elevating the visual aesthetic for all client creative work.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills at all levels with internal stakeholders and externals clients
- The ability to lead by example and inspire creative team members in their career development
- Proven dependability, an eagle eye for the visual details and the can-do to multitask and slay multiple projects simultaneously
- Readiness for action, strategic thinking, passion and positive team playing
If you made it this far, you may be the Sr. Art Director/Design Director we need to join our growing creative team led by our Cannes-winning CCO. Get in touch and let’s talk at firstname.lastname@example.org